Here are some common questions and answers about the office of the Circuit Clerk. If your question is still unanswered please contact us.
What are the precautions the Kankakee Courts have in place due to COVID19?
Due to COVID19, upon entry to the Kankakee County Courthouse, everyone is required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken at the security station, until further notice.
• Per the CDC guidelines, if a guest has a cold, or other symptoms, it is suggested staying away is
• The bailiffs will guide the guests to the respective courtrooms, and will assist the guests with
social distancing protocol for each individual courtroom.
• Hand sanitizer dispensers are located conveniently around the courthouse.
Which County offices are located in the Courthouse?
The Offices of the Chief Judge, Circuit Clerk, State’s Attorney, Security, Jury Commission, Court Reporters and Interpreters are situated in various locations in the Courthouse.
• The Circuit Clerk Traffic and Collections Divisions are located on the first floor in room 108.
• The Circuit Clerk Civil, Criminal, Order of Protection and Juvenile Divisions are located on the second floor in room 209.
• The Administrative Assistant to the Chief Judge is located on the first floor, located near the security station.
• The Trial Court Administrator, appointed by the Chief Judge, is located in room 2XX.
• The Court Reporter Supervisor is located in the basement level.
• The Jury Commission Coordinator is located in the basement level.
• The State’s Attorney Office is located on the third floor of the courthouse
Are cellphones allowed in the Kankakee County Courthouse?
• Cell phones, tablets, laptops are not permitted in the Courthouse. There are no lockers
available, please leave these items in the car. Special permission for cellphones has been granted to attorneys and court personnel.
• Weapons are not allowed in the courthouse.
What are the hours of operation?
• The Courthouse is open between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and is open during the lunch hour.
Is the court house open on holidays?
We are closed on the following days for Holiday:
2020 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 20, 2020
Lincoln's Birthday -Wednesday, February 12, 2020
President's Day - Monday, February 17, 2020
Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
Independence Day - Friday, July 3, 2020
Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
Columbus Day - Monday, October 12, 2020
Election Day - Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Veteran's Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020
Day after Thanksgiving- Friday, November 27, 2020
Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020